Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving

So, obviously I haven't posted in a while. I took a trip back home to Maryland about a week ago and between being gone and then being busy with work and Thanksgiving when I got back I've been slacking on the blogging. So here are a few things I've been meaning to write about.

1. It was great to see my family. I missed them so much and the trip back was so unexpected and on such short notice that I think it made me appreciate it more. We did a lot of sitting by the fire, drinking wine, cooking good meals, and wedding planning. I love my family tons and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with them.
2. I was also able to catch up with some friends when I was back. It's always nice to know that even though I'm 1,500 miles away we can go for months without seeing each other and still feel like no time has passed.
3. Charlie and I had Thanksgiving dinner at a woman's house who he works with. Their family was there and they had invited us and a family of refugees from Burma to celebrate with them. It was so nice to have people to spend the holiday with, especially because I had to work in the morning and cooking would have been a nightmare.
4. I quit my job when I got back. I've been thinking about it for a while. It makes me absolutely miserable, and driving back to the east coast gave me a lot of time to think. I realized how much I missed teaching and how much I missed having a career as opposed to a dead-end job. I decided to submit my subbing application for the next semester and try and get a full-tim job the next year.
5. It snowed!! Ok, not a lot maybe and inch or two. But things look a lot more festive and it feels like the holidays now. Oh, and Henry loved it.
6. We went hiking yesterday. Charlie went without me when I was back home and wanted to show me the trails that he did. We had a great time and got some great pics thanks to our new camera. Here's a few:

At the beginning....before the long climb.

The Royal Arch.

The view at the top wasn't too bad! Dunkin and I decided to enjoy it for a bit before hiking back down.

No comments: