Thursday, June 18, 2009

Moving announcements?!

I realize this might permanently place me in the category of "lame" but I was thinking about sending out moving announcements when we move in a month. And before you judge me, here are my reasons why:

1. We just had a wedding meaning after shower invitations, wedding invitations, and response cards everyone know has this address.
2. There is a lot of distant family that I keep in contact with through Christmas cards, birthday cards, etc. but that's about it. I don't have email addresses for most people or I'd just send out a mass email with our new address on it.
3. I don't really trust our current apartment to forward anything/call me if we get a package. They once lost a package for 4 months. 4 months!!! And yet they still claimed it was my fault.

Charlie has told me that it would be "super lame" to send them out & part of me agrees. If there was a better way to let everyone know of our new digs than I would. Read: if you have suggestions let me know. Also, I'm tired of buying stamps in bulk. I'm on a first name basis with the guys at the post office between mailing packages and buying "Forever" stamps.

I did find these "moving announcements" which I like because it looks like our new place. Sort of. I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy them if I did decide to send them out which means I'd be making them.

Totally unrelated, I found this website which allows you to take any picture and make it into an "Obama poster". Henry has my vote.

Photobucket

5 comments:

A New England Girl said...

I say send out the announcements... they may be fun to make and heck, everyone likes receiving mail! :) Plus, I am sure many people will appreciate knowing the new address so they can keep in touch.

Kat said...

As an intermediate you could try zazzle.com... you could design your own announcements but probably cheaper. I like the idea of an announcement. Maybe you can do a 2 for 1 and send them with wedding thank yous (save on shipping) or make a postcard with your fave wedding pictures with your new address on the back (grandma gets a wedding picture AND your new address AND if it goes on peoples' fridges then they're less likely to lose them)?

Emily said...

Email if you really don't want to go through with the annoucements? But I like announcements, and everyone wants a wedding picture, so do a postcard of your fave wedding pic and your new address on the back.

Alex said...

I like the announcements!

Katy said...

I would design something that you could send as part of an email and print as postcards on something like uprinting.com. That way you could save some money by sending it by email to the people who's emails you know and sending them as postcards to the rest since it's cheaper than a sending it as a letter.