Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my other love.

I realize I talk about Henry more than Dunkin. I've definitely been accused of playing favorites. Part of that is because that Henry is such a goofball. He's always doing something amusing. Although, in his case amusing = bad. Yesterday he took a bite out of a bird. Don't worry he only got feathers, unlike the last time ...

Dunkin is much different.
He's older.
Wiser.
He's a rule follower.
He's the dog that waits for me on the trail.

Dunkin waiting.

He's my protector when Charlie's out of town.

Dunkin.

He's the one that always listens, never runs away, never chases rodents.
He's the dog that sleeps under my desk when I study. (ok, with me on the bed)

Studying hard.

We go way back to when Charlie and I were dating, before we lived together. I used to stop by and take him for walks when Charlie was at school.
Charlie has accused me on more than one occasion of loving Dunkin more than him.
[Such a lie.]

Best buds.

But really, he's the best. Maybe not as funny, but just as lovable.

7 comments:

A New England Girl said...

He is so adorable! And I love the photos of the two of you together, especially the last one. :)

Alex said...

did you write this post just for dan?

Anonymous said...

haha ... no way. It's for all the haters.

Taryn said...

I totally study in bed too! The best place to read in my opinion.

He looks like he is a very nice guy.

Katy said...

Aww. He reminds me of my Toby.

Oona Johnson said...

I will always love my princess more than the monster (and just a little more than my fiance,lol). Sometimes you just can't help these things.

Melissa G said...

Awww, what an awesome dog you have! I love the beautiful pictures too!