Tuesday, September 15, 2009

*Sigh*

So, I turned the job down. :(

A little background: I was offered a short term job (8 weeks) starting next week. However, the time conflicted majorly with school. I would have had to completely miss my Friday class (which, only happens once a week) and miss half of another class because I wouldn't be able to get there on time. This job would have lead to a full-time position next year, which is something I really wanted.

I decided not to take the job for a lot of reasons. But mainly, I already shelled out tuition money for the semester, which I can't get any back. And as Charlie reminded me, I did actually move to Colorado to go to school. I knew that working full time and going to school full time wasn't going to work. Even though it was only for 8 weeks, it would be enough to mess up my semester.

What sucks is that when I called to turn down the offer, the woman couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. I had really wanted to explain the entire situation to her so that she understood that I tried to make it work and that I hadn't just wasted her time by showing up to the interview.

I'm going to go take this guy for a walk and then study some more before my classes.
Henry.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh hun- I am so sorry. That sucks. Tough choices are always hard.

Jodie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the job situation. I totally understand though, as I've been having no luck in the employment arena either. I hope something works out for you so you can continue with your school schedule and do something you are passionate about/WANT to do. Good luck!