Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost over ...

I cannot believe that 2009 is almost over. Not at all. It's been a crazy year for me. I got married. I went back to school. I applied for a million jobs/internships/anything to make a buck. I moved. I missed family. I made new friends. I spent time with old ones. It was hard. It was great. It was frustrating. It was amazing.

I'm looking forward to 2010. Hopefully more stable. I like stable. I like spending Sunday nights watching Netflix. I like waking up at the same time every morning. Walking my dogs in the afternoon. Reading books on the couch. Pretending I like to cook every once in a while.

This week has been great. Spending time with family. Cooking (ok, watching my mom cook) awesome dinners. I did bake a caramel pie all my myself!!! And I didn't explode the caramel. I'm still VERY excited about that.

A few days ago we took my sister snowboarding for the first time. Today we went dogsledding. Charlie's been playing with his Christmas gifts all week. We've been watching movies at night. My husband made french toast for the whole family this morning. Now that's hot. And he makes amazing french toast.

Later I'll post some pictures of skiing, hiking, dogsledding. I'll do our recap for 2009. I'll attempt some 2010 goals. But for now ... I'm enjoying time with family, before the Christmas lights come down, before things get busy, before I have to stop drinking a beer at lunch every day.

No comments: