Monday, November 3, 2008

Things I'm grateful for...

So I was reading an article in a magazine about people who kept a "gratitude journal" for a month. Basically, they just recorded every day the things they were thankful for. So I figured being November and all that I would give it a try. I don't know if I'll manage to post every day ... but I'll try.

The 10 things I'm thankful for today are:

1. The fact that I live in such a beautiful place. Seriously, everytime I walk outside I see the Rocky Mountains. There are endless places to hike, explore, and see and they all amaze me. Even though we live in an apartment...this is what our patio backs to....not bad, eh?

2. My finace who has given me enough support and distance to discover what makes me happy.






3. My pets. Our two dogs, Dunkin and Henry, and our cat, Toby. I have always wanted to live with dogs and I'm so thankful that I finally can. They cuddle with me when I'm sad, make me go outside everyday, and are goofy enough to remind me not to take myself too seriously.




4. That Charlie's parents were able to come and visit us. It's been a little lonely since moving from D.C.. It was great to see them, do some sightseeing with them, and I know how much it meant to Charlie that they came out to see us.


5. My red bookshelf. Charlie wanted to get rid of it when we moved (before it was red) and I told him that I wanted to keep it and paint it. It's my favorite piece of furniture in my favorite color and it only cost me about $12 (the cost of paint).
6. That my dad is coming to visit in a week. We used to take trips to the beach every year together and I'm really going to miss that. I can't wait to see him and spend some time with him.

7. That I'm starting grad school in a couple months. It's taken me a long time to figure out what I wanted to study and I gave up a good job that I really liked to move to Colorado and pursue my degree. It hasn't always been easy...but I'm glad that I made the decision to make the move. I think I always would have regretted not coming.

8. My job. It sucks and I hate it but it's a job and considering where we live and what's happening to the economy, I'm lucky to have it.

9. I don't work until 11 today so I get to drink 2 cups of coffee. :)

10. Our fireplace. I LOVE it. It makes the winter seem a lot cozier!

No comments: