Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bear Mountain, don't go changin'!

Well I finally made it up Bear Mountain and let me tell you, it was rough. I felt like crap the whole day and really was in no mood to hike it today but I just wanted to get the whole thing over with. Usually I really like hiking just being outside, getting exercise and hanging out with C and the dogs. Not so much today. I think I said "fuck this mountain" about a hundred times during the hike up. The view when we got to the top was awesome. C wants to hike this twice a month until we hike our fourteener this summer but I'd be glad never to hike it again. Onto other mountains!

Photobucket
kick-ass view!

Photobucket
H-dog in action. The dogs had a blast and are now so tired they can barely move.

Photobucket
Henry and I at the top. Please excuse the fact that I am grinning like an idiot.

Photobucket
Stalking chipmunks.

Photobucket
Finally made it!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Nice work! Did only Henry get to go with you? You guys sure look good for struggling to the top. Chris and I don't even look that good at the base! = )

Anonymous said...

He did try and make it up the rock scramble at the top although about half way up he had a panic attack and froze and I had to carry him back down. This is why I need smaller dogs. :) I was grinning like a fool at the top because I was so relieved not to have to climb up anymore.

Taryn said...

Do you know what 14ner you are going to climb? Chris and I have some really nice books about all the 14ers in CO if you are interested in borrowing them. (Although we have yet to climb one . . .)