Monday, March 2, 2009

Random thoughts.

... the weather was so nice today. I keep thinking it's spring and then remembering it's only the beginning of March. At least daylight savings time is this weekend.

... We had the dogs at the vet on Friday. Apparently Dunkin is still a porker and needs to lose some weight. We've been giving him a lot of exercise lately so that should help, along with the fact that I just cut his food back again.

Photobucket
This is him now ... after gaining about 10 lbs.

Photobucket
... and this is the slim kid. Many moons ago.

... There are days when I can't remember becoming an adult. It all just feels like a dream. I think I'll wake up and be living dorm room style back in college or [even worse] in the vet clinic again. I feel like the older I get, the faster the years go by. We've been looking at houses and people always ask if we're going to be having kids and how many. I can barely take care of myself! I'm not even married yet! Kids are far, far away. But it freaks me out that I'm entering that stage of life where having kids would be normal. [I still think it's a rude question for a stranger to ask, though.]

... I have had the attention span of a gnat lately. I have so much reading to do for school and I can barely get a sentence in before my mind starts wandering.

... The more time I spend in class the less my major actually interests me. This actually scares the living sh!t out of me because not only did I give up my career and move across the country to pursue this degree but I also uprooted C as well. I'm hoping that this is just a phase and I'll get back into it. Maybe if I stopped being so cynical ....

... I swear Henry is the most awesome dog ever. I realize that everyone says this about their dog but he just has the best personality. He's so friendly, he always makes me laugh, he's such a goofball and has no regard for what he 'should' be doing. He also always seems to be right there whenever I need some company.

Photobucket
Don't all dogs sleep with cats? This is actually his annoyed look. I woke him up.

... I love the quotes on Starbucks' coffee cups. The last one I got was:
"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -- in work,
in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal
critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade
around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your
head as the barrier to your life."
I liked this one because I have a huge fear of commitment. I don't like to live in once place too long, I don't like to stay in a job too long, I like to do something different every day. Ironically the only thing I've ever been able to commit to is C. Our relationship is the one commitment that doesn't scare the crap out of me. It actually makes me feel safe. When I think about having a job for a long time or even living in one place for a long time I feel scared. I like knowing I have the freedom to move or change or just do something different. Maybe buying a house isn't such a fabulous idea ...

... I'm trying to convince C to take a beach trip in July. In North Carolina. He didn't seem too excited about it. We'll see. I don't see what's so crazy about driving 24 hours just to go to the beach.

Photobucket
I could definitely go for some of this right now.

No comments: