Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Newlywed Game

If you know me you know that I have zero interest in cooking. Oh sure, sometimes I feel guilty about it and manage to make a few meals in a row. Usually consisting of pasta, a can of tomato sauce, and frozen broccoli. mmmmm..... I have found that if you vary the types of pasta you use each night you can technically say that you're making something different. "No... see last night was ziti tonight is macaroni. Totally different meals." Now it's not that I can't cook. I can. I just don't like it. In fact ... I'd go as far as to say that I hate it. It's just not my thing.

I always figured that C had accepted this about me. His attitude has really been "I hate cooking too so I can't exactly expect you to be all Susie Homemaker in the kitchen". Well last weekend we were playing the Newlywed Game (by the way if you've never played I personally believe that there should be a disclaimer on the box freeing them from any responsibility should the couple break up). And I think that C brought up my cooking skills at least 5 times. The night went something like this ...

Q: "What's the one thing you would improve about your partner?"
C: Her cooking.

Q: "If you were to raise your partner's [blank] and lower her [blank] your relationship would be drastically improved."
C: Her desire to cook, Her lack of desire to cook

Q: "You love [blank] about your partner but you hate [what]."
C: Her cleaning, Her cooking

Ok, Ok ... I get the point. I guess C would definitely like to see a few more home cooked meals on the table. I can't blame him ... I would too. Meanwhile, I'm staying away from the Newlywed game and serving Subway for dinner. Hey, at least it's healthy.
Photobucket
uh-oh .... watch out for this one!

No comments: