Friday, January 2, 2009

A Holiday Visit!

So, after Charlie and I celebrated Christmas and I was over becoming completely consumed by Twilight, my mom and sister came out for a visit.  They had never been to Colorado before so we did a lot of sight-seeing but it was great to see them.  Here's a few places we went and things that we did.  
We went to Red Rocks at the end of Pearl Street.  Charlie and I had a little too much fun playing with our shadows.
We went to Eldorado State Park and hiked the Rattlesnake Gulch trail.  Halfway up the trail is the ruins of an old hotel.  All that's really left is the fountain and this fireplace.
We hiked up to the Continental Divide Overlook.  Mom enjoyed the view.
Al and I had fun climbing the rocks.  (You'd think I was 5 not 25.)
And of course we spent a lot of time hanging out at home.  We cooked a lot of good food, watched a lot of movies, and I got my mom hooked on Twilight.  She finished the first book and started on New Moon.  I think she wanted to take it back with her but I'm far to attached to my books to let them be 1,500 miles away from me.  So we stopped at Target so she could get her own copy.  



No comments: