Monday, September 14, 2009

Ok, sometimes it's the big things

I don't believe in fate, karma, destiny, or any of those things. And I realize there are larger things than a job, like family, friends, etc. and all of that good stuff. But sometimes I think that if there really is a big man up there he's got one hell of a sense of humor. I can't get interviews for most of the jobs I apply for [ones that really, I don't want]. Internships have completely eluded me, in part because of the massive applicant pool and also because I keep applying for internships I'm not qualified for. But the jobs ... I'm way TOO qualified for.

And then there's the jobs that I really really want. The stuff that I did before I moved to Colorado and always had plans to return to. Those jobs, I get offers for, and because of some small, tiny detail can never take. I was just recently offered another one that would be nearly impossible for me to take because I happened to think it was a good idea to take a full load of classes this semester. It's too late to drop the class, but if I turn this position down, it closes a lot of doors. A lot. Stupid masters degree. Stupid Colorado state rules. Stupid me for taking so many stupid classes.

Ok, rant over.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I know, it is so frustrating right now with anything job related. Maybe your school would make an exception for you given the abysmal job market? I guess it's a long shot that you may have already tried. It helps me to remind myself that this state of unemployment is temporary. Same is true for you - something viable really will come up eventually, especially given how hard you're working. Hang in there.

Emily said...

Ugh. Hang in there. Something perfect will show up - and if you think it already has, then maybe consider how much dropping the class will really hurt?

Lily said...

Just remember, it's all about the journey, not the destination.
Hey, who knows where life will take you?
You were not meant for that job...probably because there's another job out there that's perfect for you.