Tuesday, August 18, 2009

sugar = flour ...

... yeah, not so much. I have class at night this semester which means a lot less home cooked meals. [Oh, who am I kidding? It means an excuse not to cook.] Anyway, tonight I came home to Charlie slaving over the stove. He had made his famous tuna casserole (recipe via Rachel Ray).

Now I mentioned that since we moved our new kitchen is a lot smaller than our previous one, which means waaay less storage space. So one of the things I did to save space was put all of our flour and sugar into jars and store them on top of the cabinets.

sugar/flour

Well the recipe calls for flour & Charlie couldn't tell which one to use, so he guessed. When I got home he was like "it's the one in the small jar, right?" and I just started laughing. The small jar happens to be confectionary sugar. That tuna casserole was nice and sweet. Almost like a 2 for 1 dessert and dinner. Poor guy, I hope he keeps on cooking. :)

4 comments:

J said...

Hahaha!! That is hysterical! At least he tried! :)

Taryn said...

Oh poor guy. I am glad you were still able to eat it!

Mrs. McB said...

Hahaha! How funny!!!

Emily said...

I love those jars! So funny though, I'm impressed that you ate it anyway!