Tuesday, December 18, 2012

it's the little things ...

love these hugs.

...  sweet baby hugs.
...  a rearranged living room.
...  a husband who is home after being gone for a week.
...  grilled cheese & avocado sandwiches.
...  an afternoon trip to the swings with the baby and dogs.
...  attempting to make something sort of crafty and actually having it work.
...  counting down the days until my mom and sister visit.
...  looking forward to birthday celebrations this week.
...  being done with christmas shopping.
...  watching avery learn new words: ear and paw are her favorites right now.
...  watching avery learn new things and then being more excited for her than she is for herself.
...  a baby who's attempting to walk.
... spending a morning drinking coffee, listening to christmas music, and reading christmas books.
...  weekend mornings with the family.
...  a glass of wine on a friday night.
...  a baby who's sleeping through the night (some of the time).
...  evenings with charlie after avery's in bed.
...  clean laundry.

2 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

She is so precious. It's definitely the little things. :) My baby gave me a kiss this morning (or at least I think it was a kiss). Big, wet, slobbery, open mouth kiss that enveloped my entire nose and covered me with drool. It may have been the best thing that's ever happened to me.

ali v. said...

I may not have a little one of my own, but those hugs from my nephew make my day. the little things truly matter! love our DC engagement connection, btw. xoxo {av}