Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Momma said there'd be days like this ...

... there'd be days like this my momma said."

... The day started off alright until I got out of bed and discovered a large pile of cat vomit on the dogs' bed that I narrowly missed stepping in.
... I realized that the dogs were out of milkbones when I went to give them their morning treat. They were not happy with me. Then I realized that I was supposed to give them their heartworm pills 3 days ago. Heartworm pills became morning treat. They were still not happy with me.
... I did almost nothing until the last hour before I had to leave when I had to cram everything I should have been doing all morning into that hour.
... When I got out of the shower and looked at myself for the first time that day I realized that my face was peeling from the windburn I got when we went skiing. It wasn't pretty.
... We have no food because I haven't been grocery shopping. I decided to eat a leftover calzone from 4 days ago. The dogs got most of it.
... I was running late and about to leave when I realized that I forgot to print my notes out for class. I printed out the notes making myself later.
... Once I got in the car I realized that I had no money to pay for parking. I had to stop at the ATM on the way making myself even later.
... Ran from my car to class. My professor decided that today was too nice of a day to come to class. Did he cancel the class? Nope. He just decided not to show up. I realized I could have left the house 3 hours later than I did.
... After leaving class I was walking through Denver when I saw the largest rat in the history of rats (only a slight exaggeration here) swimming through Cherry Creek. I decided not to sit by the water.

No comments: