Saturday, November 13, 2010

somedays i am reminded that i do not have my shit together.

like when i manage to spill beer on my computer. yes you read that right, beer! i'm like some drunken frat kid. and the worst part is that my computer is probably my favorite thing in the entire world. if there was a fire i'd grab the husband, henry, and the macbook. *sigh* i was also about 95% done with a 20 page paper due wednesday.
luckily it's survived ... but the keys are a bit sticky. just imagine how sticky they'd be if it wasn't light beer.

and then, i set a potholder on fire. AND when i took dinner out of the oven and set it on the stove to cool i forgot that the stove was still on. let's just say the pan is still soaking because the bottom was so burnt.

it's not the first time i've burnt dinner and i'm sure it won't be the last. sadly, it's not the first time i set a potholder on fire but i hope it won't happen again.
maybe i should invest in a fire extinguisher.

and stick to grilled cheese. much harder to set on fire. and it goes well with beer.
havarti grilled cheese

1 comment:

Emily Silver said...

I relate. This weekend I baked my first turkey, which turned out good- but I bought the wrong kind of meat thermometer and it completely melted in the oven. Luckily I noticed it before the plastic dripped into the roasting pan and went out to Giant and bought the right kind.