Tuesday, November 16, 2010

things that make my heart happy...

DSC_0286

... a husband who makes me tea.
... the greeting i get from my dogs when i walk in the door.
... popping a bottle of champagne.
... when the cat cleans the dogs.
... snow. every time.
... our mismatch collection of mugs.
... slowly waking up on a saturday morning.
... looking west on my drive home.
... telluride.
... crawling into bed early on a cold night with a cup of tea and a book.
... starbucks holiday cups. (caribou too!)
... long talks with charlie. especially when they happen in our home.
... chili in a crock pot.
... the macy's day parade on thanksgiving morning.
... a really good novel.
... paper writing while drinking coffee. what am i going to do with myself when i graduate?
... homemade desserts.
... especially apple pie.
... reading, reading, & reading.
... rainy days.
... jeans.
... a hot toddy in front of a christmas tree.
... decorating for christmas while listening to christmas music.
... family.
... friends.
... getting cards in the mail.
... grilled cheese.

2 comments:

Julie said...

R hates the Macy's parade but I make him watch it with me every year. That's true love.

Alex said...

when the cat cleans the dogs :-)