Friday, May 7, 2010

book love.

i love lauren's blog over at the little things we do ...
sort of sounds like a weekly post that i do.
anyway, every friday she does a "friday fill-in the blanks" and this week her theme was about books.
my love of books ranks up there with my husband and dogs, so i figured i'd give this one a shot. even if it's always hard to pick just one book ....
1. My favorite book growing up was: hmm, too freaking hard. I suppose either Casey Jones rides Vanity Fair or Fly By Night. Both are about horses, because I was a huge horse nut as a kid. Both are super old and out of print. But both are books my mom hunted down for me and I re-read every year. Still.
2. The funniest book I ever read was: I think can you keep a secret? by Sophie Kinsella. definitely laughed out loud during that one ...
3. The one book that has truly changed my life: i don't know that i've ever experienced a "life changing" after finishing a book.
4. If you're looking for a "tear-jerker" you should probably read: for me this is anything with animals. i've cried from reading more books than i really care to admit. in fact, i was once in the middle of a book about horses, crying so loudly that my dad came running downstairs because he thought i was physically hurt.
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I'd want to meet: someone really weird like hemingway or faulkner or herman wouk.
6. The next book on my "to read" list is: i'm in the middle of a few right now. but, i'd put them all down for emily giffin's new one, heart of the matter.

7. If I were snowed into a remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring: can you keep a secret?, the winds of war, and chesapeake

No comments: