Tuesday, January 6, 2009

to Kona or not to Kona

So, the big decision of the day is .... should I fly to Hawaii with C when he goes in March for a business trip.  Reasons I should:
1.  I've never been to Hawaii and always wanted to go.  If I don't go with him this year I don't know if I'll be able to go again. 
2.  Since it's a business trip, all I have to pay for is my plane ticket.  (Free room in a nice hotel on the beach!)
3.  In march the weather in Kona is mid 80s during the day and mid 60s at night.  In Colorado we're looking at daytime highs in the mid 50s and nighttime lows in the 20s (brrrr!).  
4.  It would give me a nice tan for our wedding and the sun makes me happy.  
5.  I live in a LAND-LOCKED STATE, people!  This means that I can never drive to the beach again.  Ever.  (If you haven't noticed I'm a little upset about this one).
6.  We're not going on a honeymoon (or if we are not for about a year after the wedding) so this would kinda be like a fake one.  kinda.

Reasons I shouldn't go:
1. I should be in school at that time.  But, I'm still on the waitlist for both classes that I need so who knows what's going to happen with that one.  
2.  We'd have to board the dogs, which I hate doing, and it's also expensive.  
3.  Tickets to HI are expensive!
4.  It is a business trip to C will be in meetings all day (or golfing) and probably busy at night as well.  
5.  Technically, we're supposed to be married in order for him to bring me.  I don't really want to rock the boat with this one.  

Decisions, decisions.  I'll have to think about it.  But just picture it....
picture me here, laying out, drink in hand :)


3 comments:

Kat said...

I just left a really long post outlining all the reasons why you should go and stupid Blogger lost it. Bottom line: go. You're young and in love and life will only get busier and finances will only get tighter as you get a mortgage and start having kids. It stinks to board the dogs, but see if you can find a dog walker or house sitter instead. Also stinks that C will be at meetings, but you don't need him to enjoy laying on a beach in Hawaii. As for school? I missed my last week to go to Europe- classes, clients, meetings, everything- and I don't think I missed a single thing. Go have fun.

Kat

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to agree with you. also, i have yet you talk to someone who's like "nah, hawaii, you don't want to go there". and let's be honest, by march i'm going to need some sun.

Alex said...

Obviously you have to go to Hawaii. Do you realize how cheap flights are right now?? And don't you have a free hotel stay? Go! And take lots of pictures.

-Alex