Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wedding Recap: Music

I've already mentioned a few of the songs that we jammed out to at our wedding, but I figured they deserved mentioning since most were pretty significant (at least to me).

Charlie and I were introduced to "Better Half" by Keith Urban. [Told you I loved country]. When we first started dating I made the boy a mix CD with a bunch of country songs on it & this was one of them. In a way this became "our song" but we didn't pick it for our first dance because it's pretty fast and I'm not that skilled of a dancer. I think I mentioned that before.

Photobucket

Our first dance was to "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison. I've mentioned my love of Van before. We listen to him all.the.time.. Seriously love him. Tupleo Honey is my favorite album.

Photobucket

My dad and I danced to a shortened version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" & "What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo. Personally I like the second half of the song the best.

Photobucket

Charlie & his mom danced to "A New Day has Come" by Celine Dion. This was a surprise for her, we had originally decided not to do parent dances and when we changed our minds Charlie wanted to keep it a secret from his mom. The two of them bawled the entire time along with pretty much everyone else.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I mentioned that we danced to "Green Grass Grows" by Tim McGraw.

Photobucket

... and Charlie and his buddies danced to "Call on Me"... the remix. Lovely.

Photobucket

Of course "Shout" made its appearance ...

Photobucket

... as did "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. Not sure why I like this one so much.

And my personal favorite of the night, "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks.

Photobucket

The last dance of the night was Van again, "Have I Told You Lately".

Most of the pictures are credited to Joseph Allen. The rest are from friends.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So fun! I finished up our reception post (for Friday) last week and was recalling the songs - pretty much all country! I am (was?) a big country fan - I'm a little disappointed by the music coming out of Nashville lately though. I think now that the party boys (Kenny, Tim, Toby) are getting older, there's a void until someone tries to take over that image.

Longest comment ever - still not done. I dated a guy from Texas my first year of college. He picked me up for our first date in his black F-150 with a cowboy hat stuck into his sunroof visor and Tim McGraw in the CD player. I was smitten - Mr. B's lucky he transferred back to Texas and we went our separate ways, I would have done anything for that cowboy.

Emily said...

Oh man, I got so swept up in the country commentary forgot about the rest of your songs. I think the dancing at the wedding is the best part - and really brings out the couples' personalities. You made excellent choices!

Taryn said...

That is so sweet about Charlie and his mom. My dad and sister danced at her wedding a few weeks ago- and they danced to a song that he sang to us when he tucked us into bed. My sister and I were bawling disasters during the song. Isn't it amazing how songs can be so emotional and moving?